SSP Sarbendra Khanal’s message

भिडियो हेर्न तलको बक्स भित्र क्लिक गर्नुहोस

Various women expressed the social insecurities facing them at a programme organised by Women Forum for Women in Nepal to mark the 127th International Workers Day in Kathmandu on Friday.

Speaking at the programme, Saru Nepal (name changed) of Jhapa district said, “I did not come to Kathmandu because I wanted to, but to protect myself from sexual harassment meted out by my family members.”

The two-day event has brought together nearly 150 working women involved in the entertainment sector. Saru added, “I came here in 15 years ago but life in Kathmandu has been harder than I thought it to be. I started working in a dance bar due to lack of employment options.”

Despite being a professional, Saru has to face harassment from the bar owner and police personnel.Similar is the story of Sona Thapa. A Nuwakot resident, she had come to the capital six years ago after completing her SLC exams. She said, “For want of options, I started working at dance bars.” She shared that she has to face harassment due to the nature of her job. watch video

भिडियो हेर्न तलको बक्स भित्र क्लिक गर्नुहोस

SHARE

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment